Saturday, February 12, 2011

2-12-2011 Confirmation

While my body feels better than ever, I still gained 1.2 pounds this week.  If I recall correctly, this time last month (around ovulation) I also gained when I didn't expect to and was feeling great.  It may be something that happens naturally to me as a woman who still has cycling hormones.  I'm okay with that.

I had some great workouts (every day on the elliptical for 45 minutes in my target heart zone) and ate well, without sugar, wheat, or saturated fat, or cholesterol.  We let up on the Tibetans a bit due to my recovering jammed thumb.  It was a very busy week with a couple of exams, so I didn't take the time to enter any of my food into My Food Diary, but I didn't feel I needed to, since I was pretty much following what I've been doing the last few weeks, calorie-wise.  

I do think I'm onto something with the wheat.  I inadvertently ate wheat last weekend, just after I wrote how great I was feeling without it for four days.  I had my delicious Ezekiel bread avocado sandwich, which I thought was "safe" in the wheat-free world.  While Ezekiel bread is "flour-free", made with sprouted wheat it has added wheat gluten.  What made me explore this "healthy" bread further?  Within minutes of eating my sandwich, even while I was still eating my sandwich, I began to feel nauseous and dizzy, and within an hour most of my joints had a deep burning pain which lasted for the rest of the afternoon.  The next day my digestion was way off.  I guess that was my little confirmation about going wheat-free.  Ever since, again without the wheat, (sugar, cheese, and other dairy) I have felt really good.  My arthritic knees feel better than they have since last April when I had the pseudogout flareup, my digestion has felt great, energy is good, and mental clarity and mood are great!  

Onward ho!  I have to cut this short since I have yet another exam for which to study, and a few assignments to catch up on from this week.  There's not much more to say except what I've said.  I feel relatively neutral about it, and know I am doing the right things for my greatest health.  My clothes are looser and my body FEELS slimmer and healthier.

Thanks for reading and for your support!

No comments:

Post a Comment