Monday, September 12, 2011

Random Check In: Sept 12

I decided to weigh in this morning with the thought that maybe I'd be under 200 lb.  Alas, I was at 200.4!  I'm not sure that scale knows how to register under 200 lb.  Seriously!  Anyhow, it DID give me hope that with a bit of extra effort this week that I could actually see a "1" rather than a "2" at the beginning of the number. 


I've been feeling pretty good, walking, and working out on the elliptical, eating well, although a lot of last week was a "cheat" week now and then.


I went to the doctor last week for a physical, and all of my "numbers" (cholesterol, liver enzymes, glucose, C-reactive protein, and anything else I have been concerned about in the past) were well within the normal ranges.  I was VERY happy about this.  I told the doctor that the food I eat is very healthy and I am very aware of it, and I exercise, etc.    She wondered if my frustration with not being able to get below 200 pounds might be a portion control thing, and since I'm over 40 my metabolism may have slowed WAY down.  Then she asked me about pharmacy school and how it was going, and she said that it could also be that the stress of school could be pumping cortisol and making me hang onto the weight, and that it is good to relax now and then (which I think I'm pretty good at, actually).  *sigh*  Anyway, I am not too dismayed.  I'm actually encouraged, somehow... and only 10 more pounds to lose until I'm not considered "obese".  I can smell it, I can feeeeeel it... (This was the main thing listed on my medical report last week.  I'd like to make that not an issue.) The doctor said that even an additional 10% loss will make a difference, and that will take me to a BMI of 28.  Right now I'm at a 31.3.  Obese.  The 10% loss since last year has already made a difference. Less Obese!


I have started an Ultra Clear liver cleanse to assist with the other issues I'm contending with - which could also be contributing to my hanging onto weight- (My Experiment in Healing), so have additional motivation to keep my diet clean-ish.  Today I've done 40 minutes on the elliptical, walked an extra mile, done a set of Jorge Cruise's Cruise Moves for abdominal work, and did 9 reps of each of the Five Tibetans.  

Onward ho!  
I'll be checking in next week with great results!

3 comments:

  1. The movement that takes place in this abdominal exercise is very small and its important to use your abs to lift your hips versus using the momentum of your legs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When your doctor mentioned that the stress of pharmacy schools may be the reason why you're hanging on to the weight,this made me think about why I have gained so much weight since I started studying again.I'm happy for the milestones you've achieved to healthy living,now do share what this liver cleanse is all about :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Amy... A blog is coming up re: Liver Cleanse. I'm still on it, with good results. :-) Specifics soon. Finding balance while in classes and completing projects and taking exams can be very challenging, especially when it feels there aren't enough hours in a day. Good for you for going back to school! Are you studying pharmacy too?

    ReplyDelete