Monday, August 15, 2011

Results of the One Week Challenge

Weigh in: 200.8lb; total pounds lost this week: 3.0
Waist measurement, the Jorge Cruise way: 41 inches, so minus one inch.

I did not quite get under 200 lb, but that will be soon.  At one point this week I was at 200.4lb, and was hoping....:-)  Alas, that is the pitfall of weighing more often than once each week, is seeing the natural weight fluctuations.


Despite the weight loss and inch lost, I cannot see the extreme of this diet being practical for brain usage and overall energy.  Not once this past week did I feel a huge energy burst, or a day where my muscles didn't feel fatigued.  Some days were better than others, but no day was super-charged.  Plus we were sleeping 9-10 hours each night.  Richard is ecstatic to be able to have carbs and "free" vegetables and Zevias.  In fact he just strutted in, with a big grin on his face, holding a Zevia, and announced, "Look what's FREE!"  Now he's sucking it down.  Happy boy!


We are planning to keep our sugar grams under 20, which will naturally reduce carbs for me, and our fat grams under 60 for me, and 85 for him.  We are also tracking our protein to make sure we get enough.  I have to keep it simple, as my time is going to be very limited for focus on this as classes begin this week.  We also decided, and I'm not sure if I mentioned this yesterday, that we are planning to have one meal each week where we don't have to track anything.  We are going to continue the "Cruise Moves" (the 8 minute workout each morning that is for toning and strength training), and continue our walking and my elliptical-ling. 


I fully expect to be under 200 pounds next Monday morning.  It's time, and on this plan, I'm sure it is more than possible. 

So, now,

No comments:

Post a Comment