Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Day Three of One Week Challenge

Today, since I knew I was going to to be out and about most of the day, I packed my lunch, drinks and snacks.  The day started out with a fairly big breakfast including another Mediterranean omelet with the usual "free" veggies, a slice of gluten-free toast with olive oil and my bowl of fruit and yogurt (getting the Sugar counts in early in the day, so I could use them to get through the day - I learned from yesterday's fatigue!)   I packed a couple of mozzarella cheese sticks, a small container of tuna, and lots of celery with a dab of almond butter on each one.   I also included about 1/4 cup of roasted pumpkin seeds and a Virgil's Diet Root Beer (sweetened with stevia).  This seemed to hold me through the day all right.  I was pretty hungry when I got home, and Richard had prepared a light dinner for us that included some hummus with endive, and guacamole and 15 blue corn chips and a chocolate protein drink mixed into some unsweetened Almond Breeze.  Of course we had to each have an Almond Butter Cup afterwards.  Yum. 

Richard's pretty tuckered out, as am I.  We are a bit challenged by the fact that we need to limit our servings of fish each week to help decrease the amount of mercury we ingest.  Richard is a vegetarian who eats fish, so it looks like we need to look into some tofu options to increase our protein intake, along with the protein shakes we drink every day.  Everything I've read about greatly decreasing sugar in the diet is that it is supposed to increase your energy... maybe we are going through a natural process of fatigue as our bodies realize that it doesn't have free access to sugar anymore.


We're still in it, I continue to give Richard an "out" if he's not feeling well, but he plugs away with me, meticulously accounting for those Sugar grams and Carb counts.  Also, I notice that we are not getting to the 15 grams of Sugar every day, even if we eat 6 servings of Carbs, so maybe if we made sure we get all 15 grams that would help energy-wise.   

We did just a short walk around the neighborhood, about a mile, and it felt good.  Not much else to report here, except I am looking forward to seeing what results show up on Monday after all of this accounting of sugar and carbs, plus those crazy "mini" toning workouts every morning.   Maybe I will sneak a peak at the scale tomorrow morning, maybe not.  :-)

1 comment: