Saturday, January 29, 2011

1-29-2011 Still in the Right Direction, Possibly Allergies?

Stats for the week and month:
Weight: 206.6 lb
Weight Lost This Week: 0.8 lb
Weight Lost Since 1/1/11: 4.6 lb

% Fat: 45.5% (total loss since 1/1/11 =1%)

Hips: 45 in. (loss of 1 in.)
Waist: 42.5 in. (loss of 1.5 in.)
Chest: 44.8 in. (loss of 2.2 in.)
Thigh:  24.5 (no change)
Calf: 16 in (loss of 0.5in.)
Upper Arm: 12.5 in. (no change)
Current BMI: 32.5  (still in the early obese level.  At 190 lb, I merely become "overweight" (BMI of 29), a nice stepping stone goal - only 16.6 lb).

Total Measured (on one side) Inches Lost since 1/1/11: 5.3 inches

This week was great in terms of getting lots of exercise, drinking more water, keeping up with the Five Tibetans, meditation, and alternate nostril breathing.  I also was more diligent in planning and recording everything I ate and staying within the guidelines set out by My Food Diary.  This week was easier in this regard than last with, except for the news of another family member suddenly passing on to the greater dimensions.  While I send great love and healing to my uncle Gary and his son, Matt, I seemed to need to process it in my own way.  One of my elliptical workouts was very emotional for me, with tears, and grief escaping, not only for this family member, but also for my cousin, Jenni, my grandfather (who died in 2006), my Uncle Sam, my friend, Theresa, and whoever else popped into my head during the workout.  I also had the distinct feeling that what seems to be a lot of loss of life, lately, may just be the start, so this added the element of worry to my mind, but also the understanding that amazing energetic things are happening on the planet and through the people who inhabit the planet.  So, to balance what could be despair, I felt an odd sense of hope.  I let it all happen, and felt clear afterward.  I don't know how many of us really take the time to allow the expression of the grief, I know that my tendency is to try to sail above it, rather than dive into it.  Sailing above it does not process it out of the body.  It feels as though it was a big clearing for me, as for the rest of the day my heart felt lighter than it has in a long time (and I thought that I HAD already been feeling light.)  It was a good reminder to continue to be emotionally aware, and clear what needs to and can be cleared, to move forward in a heart-centered, emotionally clear, way. 

There are so many techniques for emotional healing, EFT is just one tool.  Acupuncture is another, Colorpuncture is another.  I have techniques that I've used successfully personally and recommend to my acupuncture patients as needed.  They are very powerful.  Some of my favorites have to do with Inner Child work.  Exercising, too, is very useful.  They are all topics and techniques fully worthy of exploration and training. 

On to results for the week and four weeks since I've been working on this plan.  4.6 lb in a month does not seem like a lot to me, for the apparent work I've been putting into it.  Granted, it IS in the right direction, albeit seemingly slow.  Alas, 4.6 lb average per month, lost consistently would mean 55.2 lb lost in a year, which would be wonderful, and seems healthy.  According to My Food Diary, a loss of 1.7 lb per week is the maximum that they consider to be healthy, so I'm within their range of healthy weight loss.   Also, I've lost inches and a fat percentage, all in the right direction.  

It does make me pause, though, and contemplate my diet.  I am still puffy and swollen, and I do not know if that is due to too much salt, or if I am having a sensitivity reaction to food items I've kept in my diet, possibly gluten.   Food allergies can be a contributor for many health issues I've had in my life, including the severe arthritis and chronic heel pain.  

Several years back I read and followed the False Fat Diet by Elson Haas.  I felt great!  Less stiff, less puffy, less everything.  The basic premise was that the foods that we are sensitive to are causing water retention and a "false fat" look.  Essentially the diet is an elimination diet, eliminating the highly suspicious culprit foods from your diet, and then after a period adding them back in one at a time and noting your body's reactions to the foods.   Dr. Haas recommends doing this elimination diet in phases.  I am tempted to go for it, and see if allergies might be contributing to my ongoing issues.  So far I've been pretty good at greatly reducing my dairy, saturated fat, and sugar intake, but perhaps there is more contributing.  I will contemplate it more, as I have time (I have a major exam for which to study this weekend), but may just jump right in.  I imagine by jumping into a more restricted eating plan, especially one that eliminates my reactive foods, and sticking to the increased exercise, I will likely see more dramatic results.

That, or I may switch to a gluten-free diet and see if that helps with the puffiness and achiness, without the extremes of the Elimination Diet.  For now, I must study.

Again, thanks for following and for your support and interest and Great Blessings to You All!
I will keep you posted on what I decide to do in terms of shifting my diet.

No comments:

Post a Comment