Thursday, January 6, 2011

1-5-2011 and 1-6-2011 Quick Update

1/5 Today's entry is short due to my full and busy day. I am very happy to report that after yesterday's fit over exercise, today's workout was much easier and (dare I say it!) enjoyable! I didn't struggle with the carpet under the elliptical (new nonslip pad arrived today, post-workout), so everything went far more smoothly.

Because of my busy day, I felt it was going to be easier for me to pre-plan all of my meals, especially with my schedule this evening. I put everything into MyFoodDiary.com last night before I went to bed. That way it is a little less time-consuming for me to update any changes, than it would be to fill in as I go.

We did 15 repetitions of the Five Tibetans, the alternate nostril breathing, and A Course in Miracles, lesson 58 this morning before Richard left for work. I did my 45 minutes on the elliptical and feel pretty good. I will walk with Richard this afternoon after we have an early dinner at the Chinese restaurant and before the free acupuncture clinic for Veterans.

All was good for food, all smiley's.  :-)

1/6 - Another successful, very busy day.  All smileys except for the sodium again.  My mother (after we returned from her eye surgery) and I came up with a yummy sugar-free Almond Breeze (of course!) Chai.  Yum!  I'll post the quick recipe as a separate blog so I can most easily keep track of my recipes.

We got up to 18 repetitions of the Five Tibetans this morning, even after a rough night's sleep (lots of wind and I seemed hyper-sensitive to smells and sounds for some reason.  It was almost a relief to get up because when I did sleep, the dreaming was super vivid and mighty strange.  I felt immensely better after doing the early morning yoga and breathing, as much as it seemed like it was going to be a struggle.  Exercise has been as planned, both days, with 45 minutes of elliptical, the yoga, alternate nostril breathing and the post-work walk with Richard.  Hooray.  Seems easy enough if I plan ahead.

Speaking of planning ahead, tomorrow I am on babysitting duty from 7:30 to 2:30 and I am so looking forward to it, whatever the day may bring.  I have planned my food, packed it, and now all I have to do is remember it.  I am choosing to not get up extra early to do my elliptical, but rather, hope to get in a walk with the little guy.  Whether it happens or not, there is always the post-work walking we can double or triple, if need be.

Overall, I've felt pretty good, and have enjoyed getting out and being able to be available for people as they need my help.  Soon classes begin and I won't be as available.  It has been a pure joy to spend more time with my mother who is going to move her Colorpuncture practice into my office in Golden.  So, once again, we are sharing space professionally.  I greatly look forward to being at her house next Friday so she can show me some of her fabrics for possible quilting projects.

I diverge, however, and my point is this, if I am taking great care of myself, then I have this great energy to share with and for others.  I am here to serve as a vessel of God, and the most energized way I can do that is to take prime care of the vessel, mind, body and spirit.

Not much has come up, EFT-wise, that I'm aware of anyway, so I am enjoying the ride, for now.

Even if I don't get to an update tomorrow, my plan is per usual, meal-wise and activity-wise, and I will definitely be reporting in Saturday after my one week weigh-in and assessment.

Until then...Happy and Grand Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment