Monday, January 3, 2011

Recipe: Jalapeno Almond "Cheese" Sandwich

For some reason, I really like the flavors in this sandwich.  I think it's the crunchiness of the alfalfa and the zing of the jalapenos. Plus it's quite filling and I can't help but feel good about eating it since it's full of good nutrients!

My kids would call me weird on this one, but that's ok, I'm used to that.  I use Ezekiel bread for maximum nutrition, and the almond cheese substitute instead of regular cheese to decrease the saturated fat content.  I will always put avocado on anything I can, I love it so!




Ingredients:
2 slices Ezekiel bread, thawed and slightly toasted
1 tsp Dijon mustard
1 oz. sliced jalapeno almond cheese substitute
1/2 c. alfalfa sprouts (these are great for helping decrease the inflammation of arthritis)
1/4 avocado sliced

Spread the Dijon mustard on on slice of the the lightly toasted bread.  Layer the other ingredients into a sandwich, and enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment